Keith has finally given us a Road Map (of sorts). It is different from the previous Road Maps by Keith. It focuses on the content we’ll be getting over the next couple of months.
If you want to know more about specifics types of content mentioned in the Road Map, you can jump the gun and read the content summaries:
Or if you prefer to know more about the upcoming Game Updates, you can skip ahead to these summaries:
He started by discussing their Road Map process, how long it is and how they’ve decided to do things a little differently this time around.
I think for all of us, this Roadmap process we started last year could stand a bit of improvement. Instead of providing information every 90 days or so, it’s taking six weeks or longer to get you any information about what we’re planning, and honestly, that needs to change. I’m still reticent about communicating details beyond 90 days, but I do want you to be comfortable with our direction and where we are headed.
With this in-mind, we’ve decided to use the Forums as the means to get you the information about the next couple months versus waiting for a Roadmap. This will allow us to be more responsive to your questions, address your concerns, and maintain a better dialog going forward. It also helps us (especially me) to stay available and not make it seem like we’ve disappeared into the ether.
Izax, the final boss of the Gods of the Machine Operation will be coming out in Game Update 5.8 (13th March) in Story Mode and Master Mode (NIM).
Unfortunately, they will not be bringing out any of the other existing Bosses (Scyva, Nahut, Aivela/Esne, Tyth) out in Master Mode.
This also means we will not be offering a full Master Mode for all bosses in the Operation. This was an especially difficult decision for me to make, as I have loved the interaction between developers and our raiding community. Yet, based on what we’re planning for this year and beyond, it’s better to focus on the upcoming group content.
They will also be running a special event for those worthy enough to defeat Izax in Master Mode (Hardmare). Everyone who does will have the opportunity to receive a:
- New Achievement
- Special and unique Title
- A new and very enticing Legacy-based reward.
The title and reward will be delivered when Game Update 5.9 launches in April.
The highly anticipated (at least by some of us) Arcann romance will be coming out on the 13th of March in Game Update 5.8! It will be an Alliance Alert that will require you to have finished KOTET and have him as a Companion.
Arcann Romance – Everyone’s favorite former villain has had a change of heart and may be more “available” than he was previously.
The following Companions will be returning over the next couple of months:
- Vector (March 13th)
- Ashara Zavros (March 13th)
- Felix Iresso (April)
- Mako and Akaavi (April)
Vector – Imperial Agent
Companion Return: Vector – Imperial Agents will see the return of Vector Hyllus! Easily the best member of the Killik hivemind.
Ashara Zavros – Sith Inquisitor
Companion Return: Ashara Zavros will return to the Sith Inquisitor’s side. How will things go with her former master?
Felix Iresso – Jedi Consular
Companion Return: Felix Iresso – The Jedi Consular’s loyal soldier has had a rough time these last few years – can the Consular help him?
Mako and Akaavi – Bounty Hunter and Smuggler
Companion Return: Mako and Akaavi – Bounty Hunters and Smugglers are reunited with this duo, who’ve been working together during the players’ absence.
A new Companion Gift is being introduced to the game that will instantly increase your Companions Influence to 50. It will, however, require a bit of work to purchase.
- It’ll be expensive.
- Require some crafting (likely as part of purchase cost).
- Requires the completion of Personal Conquest Objectives.
The Gift will be purchasable from the new Conquest Vendor coming in Game Update 5.8.
They are making substantial improvements to the Conquest system with the aim of making Conquests consistently fun for Guilds and individuals.
- A new interface.
- New daily objectives.
- New missions
- And more.
They have also rewritten the backend system to ensure we benefit from our weekly efforts. Additional Information will be released in an upcoming blog or forum post.
There will also be a new Conquest Vendor. It will initially have decorations and a new Companion Gift item.
The new Flashpoint coming in Game Update 5.9 (April) is set on Nathema and will likely conclude the Theron betrayal story arc.
This year’s story (KOTET?) has shown the final ramifications of the path that Valkorion first chose when he devastated Nathema, so it’s only natural that we go there to bring that story to its exciting conclusion.
There will also be a new tier of Augments coming out in Game Update 5.9. The schematics to craft these Augments will drop randomly from bosses or mobs in the new Nathema Flashpoint. The schematics will be either BoP or BoL.
Game Update 5.8 – March 13th
- Izax the Destroyer – The 5th and final boss from the Gods from the Machine Operation.
- There will be two modes with Izax; Story and Master mode.
- The already released Bosses will no longer be getting a Master Mode.
- Special Event – Everyone who defeats Izax will have the opportunity to receive some rewards which will be distributed in Game Update 5.9:
- New Achievement.
- Special and Unique Title.
- New and very enticing Legacy Reward.
- Substantial Improvements including:
- New Interface
- New Daily Objectives
- New Missions
- The backend system has been rewritten to ensure we ‘benefit from your weekly efforts’. More details expected in upcoming Forum or Blog Post.
- New Conquest Vendor – only for those who complete their personal conquests each week.
- Initially, it will have Decorations and a new Companion Boost called ‘Commander’s Compendium’ (it’ll increase active Companion’s Influence to 50). More details below.
- Arcann Romance
- Companion Return: Vector (Imperial Agent)
- Companion Return: Ashara (Sith Inquisitor)
- Commander’s Compendium – a new Companion Gift, purchasable from Conquest Vendor (mentioned above) that can immediately raise the influence of your companion.
- It’s expensive.
- Requires some Crafting.
- Requires completion of Personal Conquest Objectives.
- Additional big changes are coming starting in Game Update 5.8. More details will be revealed closer to March 13th.
Game Update 5.9 – April
- Located on Nathema.
- New, powerful Augments are being introduced. The Flashpoint will drop both BoP and BoE Crafting Schematics that will randomly drop off mobs and Bosses.
- Details on materials needed to craft the Augments will be coming soon.
- Izax will offer a new Reward.
- New Vendor – Special items for players who earn an achievement for killing Izax.
- Companion Return: Felix Iresso (Jedi Consular)
- Companion Returns: Mako and Akaavi (Bounty Hunter and Smuggler)
Class Balance Changes
There will be utility changes for some classes as well as measures to address ‘skank tanks’. More details will be shared closer to Game Update 5.8 release.
Keith reminisced about the content we’d gotten in 2017 and implied that we’d be getting much of the same in 2018.
As we look back to 2017 and now beyond the conclusion of the traitor storyline, we are planning to continue delivering content in the same manner throughout 2018.
He went on to list all the content that was released last year.
When you look at the total year, you received a wide variety of both multi-player and solo activities including a new story, Strongholds, Starfighter updates, a new Warzone, two new Flashpoints, and a new Operation, along with many Quality of Life improvements.
On whether we’ll be getting a traditional style expansion or more regular content releases, Keith had this to say:
We heard feedback from some of you indicating you missed having a more “traditional” expansion and you’d rather wait so it all comes at once. I like having updates released regularly versus waiting long periods of time in-between patches. Although this remains our current plan, we are also laying out what we’ll include in a 6.0 Game Update. We’ll keep you informed of our summer, fall and winter plans throughout the coming months.
Keith (Musco) will be around in the thread answering questions about what was announced about Game Updates 5.8 and 5.9 as well as maybe discussing future plans.
As often as we can, we will be around in the thread to answer your many questions about those updates. Looking forward to having some good discussions.
Musco has answered a few questions on the forums relating to the Road Map. He addressed some PvP stuff in particular including:
- Season 9 Ranked end date – sometime in the Summer.
- Warzone matchmaking – on their radar as a QoL change, fairly large undertaking but they know we want this.
- Cross-faction queues in Arenas – same as above.
- Ranked PvP cheating, backfilling etc. – something they constantly monitor (as they’ve mentioned 1000 times already) they are looking into backfilling in particular currently.
I’ll keep this article updated as additional information comes to light.
What did you think of the Road Map? Is there anything you’re looking forward to?