- New Zone – Summerset
- New Storyline
- New Trial – Cloudrest
- New Skill Line – Psijic Order
- Jewellery Crafting
- New Houses – Golden Gryphon Garret and Alinor Crest Townhouse
Summerset Overland Content
- Quests and Quest Hubs
- Six Delves
- Two Public Dungeons
- Six World Bosses
- Six Abyssal Geysers – dynamic public events similar to Dolmens
Quality of Life Improvements and Base Game
- Daily Login Rewards – starting June 5th
- Crown Store Gifting
- Psijic Portals – portals you can loot
- New Motifs
- New Achievements
- New Alchemy Reagents
- Champion Point Increase – 750
- New AvA Daily Quests
- Alliance Point Improvements
- Alliance War Changes
- Performance Improvements
- New Battlegrounds Daily Quests
- Battlegrounds now in Base Game
Patch Note Highlights
More details on some of the new content and changes coming with Summerset.
The Full v4.0.5 Summerset & Update 18 Patch Notes – https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/413283/pc-mac-patch-notes-v4-0-5-summerset-update-18#latest
Links to specific sections (that are too large and detailed to copypasta).
- Combat Changes – https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5145975/#Comment_5145975
- PvP Changes – https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5145999/#Comment_5145999
- Summerset Zone
- Psijic Order Skill Line
- Cloudrest Trial
- Jewellery Crafting
- Abyssal Geysers
- Psijic Portals
- New Houses
- Crown Store Gifting
- Daily Login Rewards
- New Motifs
- New Alchemy Reagents
- Two-Handed, Bow, Destruction Staff, and Restoration Staff weapons now count for two pieces towards any item set bonus.
- The denizens of Tamriel are now more likely to greet you with suspicion when you talk to them while you have a bounty. This is a cosmetic change and does not impact any services they may provide.
- The Following Dungeons have been adjusted to require CP300 in order to queue using the Activity Finder:
- Veteran Bloodroot Forge
- Veteran Cradle of Shadows
- Veteran Falkreath Hold
- Veteran Fang Lair
- Veteran Imperial City Prison
- Veteran Ruins of Mazzatun
- Veteran Scalecaller Peak
- Veteran White-Gold Tower
- The “Redguard Sofa, Desert Flame” furnishing now supports sitting.
Queen Ayrenn’s royal decree proclaims that Summerset, the island home of the High Elves, now welcomes all visitors—travelers, traders, and immigrants alike! From the ports of Shimmerene to the throne city of Alinor, all of Summerset stretches before newcomers, providing endless opportunities for exploration and adventure. But not all High Elves agree with the royal decree. Worse, other threats arise during this period of change, including strange geysers, invading forces, and dangerous cultists that seek to overturn Altmer society. Summerset needs heroes. Are you ready to take up the challenge?
- Summerset is a new Chapter in The Elder Scrolls Online, suitable for characters of all levels. You can travel to Summerset by a few different means:
- Use a Wayshrine to travel directly there
- Create a new character and complete the tutorial
- Accept “The Queens Decree” quest from the Stories section in the Collections UI
- This new Chapter includes a brand-new tutorial, zone story content, 6 Delves, 6 World Bosses, and 2 Public Dungeons – Sunhold and Karnwasten.
- Abyssal Geysers provide a new group challenge, which you can read about more below.
- New Item Sets found only in Summerset, detailed below.
- New Outfit and Housing rewards for completing select achievements and quest content.
Psijic Order Skill Line
Become a member of the ancient Psijic Order Guild and gain access to never before seen Psijic techniques. As you advance your rank, you delve deeper into the foundations of magic. The Psijic Order Skill Line consists of five active abilities, five passive abilities, and an Ultimate. The active abilities include the following:
- Time Stop: Slow down the passage of time so slow it eventually freezes, stunning all enemies in the area.
- Imbue Weapon: Enhance your weapon with energy, causing the next Light Attack to deal additional damage.
- Acceleration: Bend time and space around you, increasing your movement speed and the power of your Critical Strikes.
- Mend Wounds: Invoke the Rites of Moawita replacing your next Light Attack with a heal over time or your next Heavy Attack with a channelled heal.
- Meditate: Learn to focus your mind into a relaxed state to restore Health, Magicka and Stamina.
- Undo (Ultimate): Walk backwards through time, reappearing at a prior location with the exact same Health, Magicka and Stamina values from 4 seconds prior.
The city of Cloudrest is home to the Aerie of Eton Nir, where an elite force of battlemages (the Welkynar of Eton Nir) are garrisoned alongside their faithful companion gryphons. The Aerie has guarded Summerset since the First Age, but the city of Cloudrest below now lies vacant. The last Welkynar of Eton Nir, Olorime, has returned only to find the city fallen to some fell power. She was reporting to the Queen on the successful capture of an infamous Sea Sload shadowcaster named Z’Maja. It was so cowed by the Welkynar’s valour that Z’Maja surrendered without a fight when they confronted her.
As you observe the city, you see black gryphons carrying black riders and giant shadowy tendrils from within the city itself. Eton Nir’s roost is home to more than just gryphons now, and you will have to defeat challenges both in the Mundus and in a twisted shadow copy if you wish to stop the darkness that grows in Summerset’s very heart.
- Cloudrest is a 12-player Trial located on the tallest mountain within Summerset, Eton Nir.
- The Trial includes a Normal and challenging Veteran version.
- There are unique Item Sets (detailed further down) within the Trial including Perfected versions only found in the Veteran difficulty.
- Unique Achievement awards are available for completing the Trial, including:
- Unique Player Skin
- Several Titles
- Unique housing items
Jewellery Crafting is a new crafting Skill Line allowing you to craft, upgrade, research, and transmute Rings and Necklaces. Note that this skill line and use of the Jewelry Crafting station are only available to players who own the new Summerset chapter, but anyone can use crafted jewellery made by others. To gain the new Skill Line, simply touch one of the new Jewelry Crafting stations found all over the world: in towns, cities, and the Set Crafting locations.
- Just like Blacksmithing, Clothier, and Woodworking, you gain Inspiration (crafting experience) in Jewelry Crafting by deconstructing items – in this case, Rings and Necklaces.
- You gain less Inspiration for deconstructing Jewelry that you yourself crafted.
- Note that any Rings or Necklaces obtained before Update 18 cannot be deconstructed. These items will have an additional note on their tooltip indicating as much. They can, however, be used for Research, or upgraded with Platings.
- Jewellery is made with new precious metal materials found in Seams, which are found all over Tamriel in rocky outcroppings, in the shade of cliffsides, or in other stony places – in much the same places you might find the Metals used in Blacksmithing. You can harvest raw jewellery crafting materials (called Dust) from these Seams, regardless of whether or not you own Summerset.
- Pewter: Lv. 1-25
- Copper: Lv. 26-50
- Silver: CP 10-60
- Electrum: CP 70-140
- Platinum: CP 150-160
- Jewellery is improved by using Platings. Platings can be refined from Plating Grains, which can be obtained by refining raw Dust or by deconstructing Jewelry.
- Terne: Improves from White to Green.
- Iridium: Improves from Green to Blue.
- Zircon: Improves from Blue to Purple.
- Chromium: Improves from Purple to Gold.
- Traits for Jewelry can be researched by obtaining a Ring or Necklace of the new trait and Researching it. The time required to research a new Trait is the same as other trade skills – starting at 6 hours for your first trait, and doubling for each successive trait.
- Just like with other trade skills, you can research items crafted by other players or those you find in the world. See below for information about how to find Jewelry in all the new Traits for your researching needs.
- Players with an ESO Plus membership will enjoy 10% faster research of all Jewelry Crafting Traits.
- A Jewelry Crafting Research Scroll is available from Faustina Curio, the Achievement Mediator, for 10 Writ Vouchers, and requires you have the “Jewelry Crafter” achievement to be purchased. As with other Research Scrolls, the Jewelry Crafting Research Scroll has a 20-hour cooldown and removes one day off of your remaining research time.
- The Jewelry Crafting skill line has five new Passives.
- Engraver: Allows you to use higher-level Base Materials. The first rank (allowing use of Pewter) is granted for free upon obtaining the skill line.
- Keen Eye: Jewelry: Highlights Seams in the world with a golden glow.
- Jewellery Extraction: Increases the chance of getting Jewelry materials from deconstructing Jewelry, and allows you to obtain more powerful Plating Grains from refining raw Dust.
- Lapidary Research: Decreases the time required to research a new Trait.
- Note that, unlike other trade skills’ research-improving passives, Lapidary Research will not allow you to research additional lines of equipment.
- There are new Jewelry Crafting Writs you can perform. To become certified to do Jewelry Crafting Writs, visit Felarian outside the crafting district in the city of Alinor, in Summerset.
- Once certified, you can pick up a Jewelry Crafting Writ from the Equipment Crafting Writ Boards in many cities across Tamriel.
- You can now obtain Jewelry Crafting Master Writs as a potential reward for completing normal Jewelry Crafting Writs.
- Much like other trade skills’ Master Writs, these come in a tradeable, sellable item. Once you consume the item, however, the quest is bound to you and must either be completed or abandoned.
- Learning additional Traits in Jewelry Crafting will increase your chances of obtaining a Jewelry Crafting Master Writ.
- You can craft Jewelry at the Set Crafting areas all around (and beyond) Tamriel.
- Crafting a Ring or Necklace in a Crafted Set requires Trait knowledge. This is the same number of Traits you need to know for the other trade skills – for instance, crafting a Hunding’s Rage Ring requires knowing 6 different Traits for Rings.
- You can now obtain Jewelry Crafting Stations from Faustina Curio, the Achievement Mediator.
- A normal Jewelry Crafting station costs 125 Vouchers and requires the “Jewelry Crafter” achievement.
- An Attunable Jewelry Crafting Station costs 250 Vouchers and requires the “Jewelry Crafter” achievement. Attunable Stations can be used at any Set Crafting location in the world to attain that location’s special set properties.
- Reminder: You must own ESO: Summerset in order to use a Jewelry Crafting station.
Abyssal Geysers are new events found only in Summerset, pitting you and your allies against wave upon wave of foes, capped off by a fight against a boss monster. Depending on how well you and your allies perform, you may fight against a Yaghra Monstrosity or one of a number of deadlier, more rewarding named bosses.
- Fighting a Yaghra Monstrosity provides a guaranteed Ring or Necklace in either the Grace of Gloom, Gryphon’s Ferocity, or Wisdom of Vanus item sets, among other loot.
- Fighting one of the named Bosses guarantees the Ring or Necklace will be at least Blue quality and sometimes Purple quality. In addition, you’ll receive a guaranteed Jewelry Enchantment of at least Blue quality, among other loot.
- Regardless of which Boss you fight, at the end of the Geyser, you’ll be able to open a Shell Trove for additional rewards: another Set Ring or Necklace, a chance at Psijic Motif chapters, and a chance at unique clammy furnishings.
Psijic Portals are invisible to the untrained eye – only those with the “See the Unseen” passive, granted as part of the Psijic Skill Line, can see these portals and interact with them.
- Psijic Portals appear rarely, in similar places to those one might expect to find Enchanting resources – near ancient ruins, destroyed buildings, and other relics of the past.
- Psijic Portals contain items based on the location you find them in. This includes:
- A random Set Item, from the Sets that can drop from monsters or treasure chests in the place you found it. For instance, a Psijic Portal found in Auridon might drop a piece of the Elegance set. These set items will always be at least Blue quality, and may sometimes be Purple quality.
- An Aspect, Essence, and Potency Rune.
- The Aspect Rune is never a Ta (white) rune. It is always at least green-quality and maybe up to gold-quality.
- The Essence rune may be any Essence rune currently in the game, including, rarely, a Prismatic rune.
- The Potency rune is based on your Level or Passive rank, in a 50/50 split.
- Rarely, you may obtain a Motif chapter from a Psijic Portal. These Motif chapters are from a Motif found within that zone – for instance, a Psijic Portal in Clockwork City could grant you a Clockwork Apostle motif chapter.
- Psijic Portals may include Infused jewellery or its associated trait materials; Pulverized Aurbic Amber, or refined Aurbic Amber, as noted above in the Jewelry Crafting section.
- Very rarely, a Psijic Portal may contain a single draught of Psijic Ambrosia.
There are two new homes in Summerset now available for you to purchase:
- Golden Gryphon Garret: A modest, single-room dwelling, but the advantage of this Inn apartment is its unrivalled location, just steps from the gates of Alinor. That, and the rare prestige of an Alinor address!
- Alinor Crest Townhouse: On the heights of Alinor, with easy access to the Royal Palace, this splendid mansion was built as a consulate for the Bosmeri Ambassador of the Camoran Dynasty. With the ambassador now in Elden Root, the townhouse is available for you!
Crown Store Gifting
Beginning in this update, many Crown Store products (with the exception of Houses and Instant Unlocks such as Vampire bites) are now available to gift to other players!
- When a gift is received, the recipient is notified via the notifications system and receives a link to take them directly to their gift inventory where they can open the gift.
- When a gift is sent, the sending player retains a receipt of the transaction within their “Sent Gifts” section of the gift box.
- The Gift Inventory for sent gifts is categorized into Unclaimed and Claimed gifts.
- The Gift Inventory is found within the Crown Store UI.
- All gifts have a 14-day expiration timer, at which point the gift is returned to the gifting player.
- Returned gifts live within the “Returns” section of the Gift Inventory.
- Returned gifts cannot be claimed by the player who purchased the gift originally, but can be gifted to another player.
Daily Login Rewards
Beginning on June 5, we’ll be introducing a new rewards system that will allow you to claim a reward each day you log into ESO! Rewards range from in-game currency, consumables, to even unique collectables.
- Daily rewards are cumulative, not consecutive. This means you will receive a new reward each day you log in, not based on the number of consecutive days you log in.
- You can claim your daily reward from one of the following areas:
- The Announcement panel, right after you load into your character
- The new Daily Login Calendar found in the Crown Store UI
- Right before logging out
- Rewards become available to claim at 12 AM UTC each day, and the collection of rewards will refresh on the first day of each calendar month.
- The length of the reward calendars will likely vary in length and won’t necessarily be the same number each month.
- Until this system launches on June 5, the rewards window UI will appear blank.
There are four new Motifs coming for crafters with Update 18: Psijic, Sapiarch, Fang Lair and Scalecaller.
- The Psijic Motif chapters (or very rarely, the full book) will come from adventuring around Summerset.
- Activities that may reward a Psijic Motif chapter are, in order of most to least likely:
- Completing Abyssal Geysers
- Killing World Bosses
- Completing Abyssal Pools
- Treasure Chests (with higher-difficulty locks being more likely, and easier locks being less likely)
- Killing Delve bosses
- Killing monsters
- The chance to obtain a Psijic Motif chapter or book from these sources increases with your rank in the Psijic Order skill line, with Rank 10 giving you a ten times increase over those not versed in the ways of the Psijic Order.
- The Style Item for the Psijic Motif, Vitrified Malondo, drops from the same sources as above, more commonly than do the Chapters.
- Activities that may reward a Psijic Motif chapter are, in order of most to least likely:
- The Sapiarch Motif chapters (or very rarely, the full book) come from completing Daily Quests for the Divine Prosecution in Alinor.
- The Style Item for Sapiarch Motifs, Culanda Lacquer, come from those same daily quests, but much more common than the Chapters.
- The Fang Lair and Scalecaller Motif chapters and Style Items will begin dropping from their respective dungeons shortly after the launch of Summerset.
- The Fang Lair motif chapters drop from the final boss in Fang Lair; rarely on Normal, more often on Veteran, and guaranteed on Veteran Hard Mode. The Style Item, Dragon Bone, drops from all bosses in the dungeon; more often on Veteran than on Normal, always from the final boss, and more from the final boss on Veteran Hard mode.
- The Scalecaller motif chapters drop from the final boss in Scalecaller Peak; rarely on Normal, more often on Veteran, and guaranteed on Veteran Hard Mode. The Style Item, Infected Flesh, drops from all bosses in the dungeon; more often on Veteran than on Normal, always from the final boss, and more from the final boss on Veteran Hard mode.
New Alchemy Reagents
In your travels along the shores of Summerset, you may run across giant clams. These clams, when looted, may yield up to two of the following:
- Two new alchemy reagents: Powdered Mother of Pearl and Clam Gall
- Clam Gall is an offensively oriented reagent, while Powdered Mother of Pearl is more defensively oriented, granting new combinations of survival effects
- Fish meat, for provisioning
- Bait, including fish roe, guts, and worms
- Grease solvents for alchemical poisons
- Or, very rarely, clam-themed furnishings for your home