Here is a Guide on how to get onto the Star Wars The Old Republic Public Test Server!
The only requirement for PTS access is to be an active Subscriber.
Downloading the PTS
Since you will basically be redownloading the entire game (so yes, you need some space for it), I’d recommend finding the time to do this when you won’t want to play the game ie. in the morning before you go to work or when you’re sleeping.
- Log in to the Star Wars The Old Republic launcher using your username and password.
- Click on your account name in the top right-hand corner, then click on “Settings”.
- Under “Enable Public Test Server Access”, select “Yes”.
- Click “Save”.
- Now click on the icon in the bottom-left corner (highlighted below).
- Under “Pick an Environment” select “Public Test”.
- Click “Next” and you will begin patching on the Public Test Server*.
- When patching is complete, click “Play”.
Copying Your Character to the PTS
Rather than having to create a new Character, you can carry your existing characters from live servers onto the PTS. Here is how you do that.
Note: you are currently unable to copy characters onto the PTS (for the current phase of testing).
- Log onto www.swtor.com.
- Click on your account name in the top right-hand corner of the site.
- Click “My Account.”
- In the left column, click the link entitled “PTS Character Copy.”
- Select the server and then the character that you wish to copy from.
- Click the “Copy Character” button.
- The site will display the current status of your character copy at the top of the page. Additionally, you can click the “View your character transfer history” link to see if the copy has completed.