Keith Kanneg the Lead Game Producer for Star Wars The Old Republic, has finally given us another Roadmap to gorge over! New Stories set on a new planet to explore, NIM GOTM, Guild QoL improvements and more! Let’s take a dive, shall we?
- Summer of PvP
- New Story and Daily Area
- NIM GOTM
- New Tier of Gear
- Guild QoL Improvements
- Companion Returns
- Game Update 5.9.3
- Game Update 5.10
- Beyond 2018
Summer of PvP Update
The new Vandin Huttball Warzone Map is currently on the PTS. They’re targeting mid to late September for the release of this update. But that will be dependent on player-feedback from the PTS.
New Story and Daily Area
The next phase of the SWTOR storyline will kick off with a bang on the (an?) ancient Jedi world
They do not name the planet the story will be set on, but offer a couple of hints:
- It was ‘Ravaged by a cataclysm centuries in the past‘.
- It’s ‘been part of Old Republic stories since the original Tales of the Jedi comics’.
They’re very excited to bring this planet to life as
- A new daily area
- With separate Republic and Imperial Storylines
We will see the return of several fan-favorite characters as well as the introduction of some exciting new characters
- A powerful Jedi Veteran (not Revan ha!)
- A deadly (Imperial?) Commando
[spoiler title=’Minor Story Spoilers’ style=’default’ collapse_link=’true’]The Jedi Veteran will join Republic players on their mission to protect a hidden Jedi base.
The Deadly Commando will aid Imperial players in their mission to destroy it.[/spoiler]
We will be hearing more details including the name of the planet and additional insight into the conflict over the coming months.
Yes, Master Mode Gods of the Machine will (hopefully) be released with Game Update 5.10. It is expected to be on PTS for testing sometime in September.
For those who love a good challenge, we’ll be offering some of the most difficult Boss fights ever experienced. Players will be rewarded for their efforts, but they should come knowing even the smallest of mistakes can lead to disaster.
New Tier of Gear
They will also be adding a new tier of gear in Game Update 5.10. Tier 5.
It will only be craftable from schematics. More details to come on how we’ll get the schematics.
Make your own top tier gear after obtaining rare schematics and new crafting materials
Starting with Game Update 5.10, they will be releasing a variety of Guild features with the aim of substantially improving the overall experience of Guilds.
- Heraldry – Personalize your Guild.
- Progression System – a new progression system that allows active guilds to customize and improve their experience the more they play.
- Increased Rank Cap –The number of guild ranks will be increased.
- Member Ban by Legacy –Allows removal of members based on their Legacy.
- Logging – logs and displays a wide variety of guild member activity.
- Inspect Tool – Potential members can review the guild profile and information.
- Member Mail – Easy way to send a message to the whole guild.
Guilds will also be able to challenge other Guilds directly in PvP matches.
Create custom warzone, arena, and Galactic Starfighter skirmish matches and track your record against other guilds.
Three companions will be coming back in Game Update 5.10. (More details in schedule section).
- Doc – Jedi Knights only.
- Dark Side Jaesa – Sith Warriors only.
- Nadia – Jedi Consulars only.
GAME UPDATE 5.9.3 – FAME AND FORTUNE – MID TO LATE SEPTEMBER
This update wraps up the Summer of PvP. We’re not locking down an actual release date until you’ve had a chance to give us feedback on the Vandin Huttball Warzone.
GAME UPDATE 5.10 – JEDI UNDER SIEGE – FALL 2018
Our end of year update has new activities, new storyline, and many improvements to SWTOR. Here’s an overview of some of the key highlights included with Game Update 5.10:
- New Storyline based on the old rivalry between Sith and Jedi
- Multiplayer gameplay content including a new Daily Area and Master Mode Gods from the Machine Operation
- Crafted Tier 5 Gear – make your own top tier gear after obtaining rare schematics and new crafting materials
- Progression System – A new progression system that allows active guilds to customize and improve their experience the more they play
- Heraldry – Personalize your Guild
- PVP Challenge System – Create custom warzone, arena, and Galactic Starfighter skirmish matches and track your record against other guilds
- Conquest improvements – supporting the new guild features
- Inspect Tool – Potential members can review the guild profile and information
- Logging – logs and displays a wide variety of guild member activity
- Member Mail – Easy way to send a message to the whole guild
- Member Ban by Legacy – Allows removal of members based on their Legacy
- Increased Rank Cap – The number of guild ranks will be increased
- System Improvements:
- Doc – Jedi Knights will be able to reunite with the galaxy’s most lovable, charming, roguish, brilliant, skilled, and–above all—a handsome doctor on… (Doc actually wrote this intro himself)
- Nadia – Jedi Consulars will be rejoined by their former Padawan, who has grown into a skilled Jedi Knight in her own right
- Jaesa – Sith Warriors will be able to reunite with Jaesa provided they turned her to the dark side in her original storyline. We’re still tracking down light-side Jaesa and we’ll let you know if we can convince her to return!
PLAYER COMMUNICATION AND PTS
We can expect an open dialogue as to what to expect during the Fall content-wise in the same vein as the 5.9.3 PTS (where they added the Apartment Overlook after player feedback).
There will be a PTS for Game Update 5.10.
Without spoiling the storyline, we plan to make gameplay features and changes available on the PTS, so we can make adjustments prior to the launch of Game Update 5.10.
As we roll into the new year, we have a ton of exciting adventures planned for you and your friends. We’re not ready to discuss the details yet, but you can be sure the conflict between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire is going to explode into full-scale war that will draw your character into battle on new planets, where they’ll fight alongside (and against!) many new and returning fan-favorite characters!
We are also developing additional Operation content and will discuss our plans in a future roadmap.
What do you think of the Road Map? Anything you are looking forward to?