Here is my ESO Jester’s Festival Event Guide! This Guide covers dailies, achievements and some tips to help with some of the dailies and achievements.
You can find out more about the 2021 ESO Jester’s Event here – https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/59717
This guide is currently being updated for the new 2021 additions and changes!
How to particpate in the Jester’s Festival
The Jester’s Festival takes you across all three factions as you celebrate and cause some mischieve and a little mayhem in each of the faction’s major towns.
To start the Jester’s Festival Quest, get an invitation for free from the Crown Store. Once you finish the Introductory Quest, you get a Pie of Misrule Item (more IMPORTANT info on that below).
There is a quest in each faction’s territory for you to complete plus three new quests. One in Stormhaven and one that takes you all over Tamriel. Once you finish each quest, you’re rewarded with a box that will contain at least 2 random event-exclusive items as well as consumables, recipes, valuable items and furnishings.
The first time you complete the daily quest for each Jester each day (regardless of character), you’ll receive a Jester’s Festival Stupendous Box instead! Fragments for a new Pet have been added this year (2020). Stupendous Box Rewards include:
- Cadwell’s Kitchen Arms Style Pages
- Fragments of two Mementos: the Festive Noise Maker or Jester’s Festival Joke Popper
- Jokey Stealies to sell to vendors
- Runeboxes containing the Cherry Blossom Branch or Jester’s Scintillator mementos
- Fragments of the Sovereign Sow pet
- Guaranteed drop within the first Stupendous Gift Box you open each day!
- This is now the same porcine princess you save in the Jester’s Festival quest “A Noble Guest”
- NEW (2021) Regal Regalia Outfit Style Pages
NEW (2021) Fragments of the Playful Prankster’s Surprise Box memento
- These fragments have a higher chance of dropping in Stupendous Reward Boxes than they do in regular ones.
The Pie of Misrule
Like other Events in ESO, there is an item you can obtain that will grant that deliciously sweet double XP during the Event. Once you complete one of the Jester’s Festival Quests for the first time, you should get The Pie of Misrule in your Collections under TOOLS. Use it (right-click on it) and keep it refreshed every two hours to get Double XP.
If you have participated in the Jester’s Festival in previous years, you should be able to find the Pie of Misrule under TOOLS in your Collections.
Jester’s Festival Pie
In 2019, the Jester’s Festival Pie was added to Jester’s Festival Reward Boxes.
By adding these tasty missiles to your Quickbar, they become instruments of maniacal merriment, allowing you to throw them at any of Tamriel’s inhabitants, including NPCs, guards, or even your fellow players. Spare none your sticky, delicious wrath! Warning: Some targets, such as city guards, might object to your revelry.
Naturally, they’ve added additional Pie-throwing themed achievements.
- The Three Fillings War – Throw 10 Pies at players that are in a different Alliance
- The Upper Crust – Throw a pie at each of the Alliance Leaders
- More Than You Can Chew – Throw 10 Pies at Guards
- Dessert Domination – Complete the above Achievements
- Messy Business – Kill 10 players while they are covered in pie in Cyrodiil
New Daily Event Quests (2021)
Stonefalls – Ebonheart – Brothers of Strife Wayshrine
- The Quest giver, Soars-in-Laughter, can be found in Stonefalls right near the Stonefalls Jester’s Festival Pavilion. There are multiple variations of this quest that take you all over Tamriel. You will get a different quest each day.
- Stonefalls – Ebonheart – Brothers of Strife Wayshrine
A Foe Most Porcupine
Stormhaven – Hammerdeath Arena
- You can pick up the quest from a notice at any of the Jester’s Festival Tents or by going to Hammerdeath Arena in Stormhaven. Talk to Rozette the Rapscallion to continue the quest.
- Stormhaven – Hammerdeath Arena
The King’s Spoils
Stormhaven – Hammerdeath Arena
- The quest giver, Jad’zirri, can be found in Hammerdeath Arena right next to the ‘A Foe Most Porcupine’ quest giver, Rozette.
- Stormhaven – Hammerdeath Arena
Both ‘A Foe Most Porcupine’ and ‘The King’s Spoils’ are completed in the same Festival Arena instance at Hammerdeath Arena in Stormhaven. Hammerdeath Arena is located west of Wayrest.
Alliance Event Daily Quests
Every locale that has festival quests has a Wayshrine unlocked close by for all factions. So getting to the festivities is pretty easy.
A Noble Guest
Ebonheart Pact – Ebonheart – Location: Stonefalls
Even the most honourable and upstanding residents of Tamriel will be compelled to break the law to complete this quest. But if you’re clever enough you won’t have to worry about getting a Bounty on your head. After all, Jester King Jorunn needs his new mouthwatering bride brought back to him in one piece.
This quest is certainly a lot of fun but it can get a little annoying. If you avoid getting a bounty on your head then this quest is a breeze. See my tips below on how to avoid getting a bounty.
Aldmeri Dominion – Vulkhel Guard – Location: Auridon
An idyllic and ever-so-pretty Auridon is the perfect setting to cause some mayhem. The uptight, grumpy citizens don’t stand a chance against the onslaught of foolish cheer and flower petals.
It is a pretty simple quest but it can be a pain to travel across the island if it’s your first time there. Don’t forget to discover the wayshrines along the way so the next time you do the quest it won’t take anywhere near as long (as peaceful and relaxing a gentle stroll on your steed across Auridon is).
Daggerfall Covenant – Daggerfall – Location: Glenumbra
Who doesn’t love Dazzlers?! Gather up some pretties and set off some sparkly explosions. How fun does that sound?! Afterall Daggerfall’s dreary grey scheme could really use some colour!
This is the most grindy of the three quests but it shouldn’t take you too long to gather (take from corpses) the stuff you need to make the Dazzlers then go set them off in Daggerfall.
Achievement and Quest Tips
Naturally like all events, this one has achievements. Some are pretty straightforward to get while others require a little more effort (and luck *cough* recipes *cough*). Note that achievements are unfortunately per character.
The quests, for the most part, are pretty straightforward to complete but I have included some tips that’ll make your life a bit easier.
The King’s Spoils
If you wish to gather four lots of Fermented Mudcrab Apples, you will have to slowly kill King Boar. If you take your time killing them, more Fermented Mudcrab Apples will spawn. If you go the slow killing route, you have to kite his AoE damage and have a self heal handy in case you do get hit by an AoE.
Fermented Mudcrab Apples spawn in front of the Arena Handlers.
If you do kill King Boar fast, you will be able to get one Fermented Mudcrab Apple. One will spawn after you kill King Boar.
Mudcrab Apple Stealing
They have made it easier to steal the Mudcrab apples and not get detected if you’re patient. But if you do get caught, you can go around Ebonheart to the where you steal the pig easily without getting caught by any guards and wait for your bounty to go away using this route (pictured below).
One easy way to stop getting caught, though, is to use an invisibility potion.
Reagent combinations you can use to craft your own Essence of Invisibility include (only listed 2 reagent combinations):
- Blue Entoloma and Spider Egg
- Blue Entoloma and Nirnroot
- Nirnroot and Spider Egg
- Namira’s Rot and Nirnroot
- Namira’s Rot and Spider Egg
- Namira’s Rot and Blue Entoloma
- Dragon’s Bile and Namira’s Rot
- Dragon’s Bile and Spider Egg
- Dragon’s Bile and Nirnroot
- Dragon’s Bile and Blue Entoloma
Stealing Pig Achievement Tip
Once you’ve stolen the pig make sure you take the south-east path back through Ebonheart when you head back to Jester King Jorunn. The Butcher won’t catch you if you go south-east and you won’t get a bounty on your head. If you take the south-west path, the Butcher will catch you and you’ll get a bounty on your head. (Click on image to enlarge).
How to get The Upper Crust Achievement
For this achievement, you have to throw the Revelry Pie at the Alliance Leaders (Quickslot it). Here are their locations depending on your progress throughout the various faction’s story.
NOTE You have to wait for the pie-throwing animation to finish before throwing the Pie at them. If it counts, you will get a bounty on your head! Getting this achievement with a lot of players around is unfortunately really tricky!
Joruun the Skald-King
- Eastmarch – Windhelm
- The Rift – Troletta Summit Wayshrine
- Auridon – Vulkhel Guard (Bank) or Skywatch
- Greenshade – Marbruk
- Reaper’s March – Dune
High King Emeric
- Stormhaven – Wayrest
- Bangkorai – South of Bangkorai Garrison or Hall of Heroes
How to get to other factions capital cities for the Dazzling Entertainer Achievement
So you want to get the Dazzling Entertainer achievement but haven’t been to the other factions capitals? Well, it’s pretty easy to get to the other factions capitals. Each faction’s capital city and major city has a boat or caravan that’ll allow you to travel to other factions capital cities free of charge. (Don’t forget to unlock each capitals Wayshrine while you’re there for easy travel in the future).
First up, here’s a list of each faction’s capital city and some of the major cities with a Caravan/Boat and who the navigators are:
Ebonheart Pact –
- Capital: Mournhold – Location: Deshann – Navigator: Falvis Raram
- Major City: Davon’s Watch – Location: Stonefalls – Navigator: Falvis Raram
Aldmeri Dominion –
- Capital: Elden Root – Location: Grahtwood – Navigator: Selandilwen
- Major City: Vulkhel Guard – Location: Auridon – Navigator: Selandilwen
Daggerfall Covenant –
- Capital: Wayrest – Location: Stormhaven Navigator: Azoufah
- Major City: Daggerfall – Location: Glenumbra Navigator: Azoufah
From any of these listed locations, you can get to the other faction’s capital cities.
Mournhold (Deshann) Undaunted Enclave Location
From the boat, it’s only a brief swim and short ride south to the Undaunted Enclave.
Elden Root (Grahtwood) Undaunted Enclave Location
From the Caravan, it’s only a short horse ride south to the Undaunted Enclave where you can set off your dazzlers.
Wayrest (Stormhaven) Undaunted Enclave Location
From the boat, it’s a bit of a ride north-west to the Undaunted Enclave.
That just about sums up most of the Event. The rest comes down to pure luck. So good luck and have fun!