Here is my write up of the Guild improvements and Changes revealed on the recent Star Wars The Old Republic Cantina Livestream.
Guilds will now level up as they complete Conquest. This is done by invading planets and completing conquest objectives. Levelling up your Guild gets you Guild Perks.
Guild perks are temporary buffs or improvements that benefit every member of your Guild and are slotted onto your Guild Ship*. They are temporary so you’ll have to change out for new perks as old perks expire. Perks will be purchased via a new Guild Currency + Credits. Guild currency earned from gaining Guild levels and completing your planetary yield in Conquest. The number of perks you can have is determined by the number of rooms you have unlocked.
A couple of examples of perks that could be implemented:
- Increase it mat gathering yields
- Increased XP from particular activities
The goal of these changes is to help you specialise your Guild as you see fit.
*Guild Ship acquisition is going to be made a little more simplified to make it a little easier for Guilds to get Ships.
A bunch of tweaks happening to how Conquest currently works.
- More consistent Objectives across all Conquests
- Less emphasis on Daily Repeatable Objectives but instead on weekly repeatable and infinitely repeatable with no legacy limits.
Unfortunately no longer coming in Game Update 5.10. But will definitely be coming out in a later update.
Guild Landing Page
New interface to show various info about your Guild at a glance.
- Guild Inspect
- Click on another player and inspect their Guild. Info visible will include guild level and perks are as well as a brief description of the Guild written by the Guild. Guild GM’s will be able to edit the publicly visible description as they see fit.
- Bank withdrawals/deposits
- Guild invites
- Guild kicks/leavers
- Conquest participation (a possibility)
- Guild mail
- Ban by Legacy
- Behind the scenes, they have unique identifiers for each personal account so even if they change their legacy name or someone else has the same legacy name as them, it will only affect the person banned.
- More Guild Ranks and more options for what each rank can do and have access to.
Will allow you to challenge other groups to a PvP match as you see fit. All you have to do is preform the groups than right click on a persons’ name and click challenge. A menu/lobby will pop up which will show you various options for queuing and the team compositions which will be visible to all members of the group. You get to choose between a Warzone, Arena or Starfighter then you can select a specific map to play.
- Minimum of 2v2, maximum dictated by the game type.
- Groups and Guilds can challenge each other.
- Stat tracking
- If members of the group are in the same Guild, stats will be tracked and visible including wins and losses in different game types. Guilds can choose if they’re stats are tracked.
Note there are no rewards and this is completely outside of regular warzone and arena queuing so you can not complete dailies or weeklies from participating in this new mode.