An overview of everything we know about Elder Scrolls Online’s 2021 Gates of Oblivion Global Reveal Event, when it will be happening and what will be happening including giveaways.
What is ESO’s Global Reveal Event?
It is an event ESO hosts every year, in January, to announce the upcoming story and most of the planned content for the year (usually first and second quarter only). This year the event is titled ‘Gates of Oblivion’ and will feature various developers and community managers affiliated with Zenimax Online Studios. It is also expected that we will find out when the first-quarter update will be on the PTS (Public Test Server).
You can watch the Event LIVE on twitch.tv/bethesda
The first half of the event is usually a high-production presentation and will not be interactive.
Tune in to see ZeniMax Online Studio’s Director Matt Firor and Bethesda Softworks’ Senior Vice President of Marketing and Communications Pete Hines introduce 2021’s next big Chapter and year-long saga!
Throughout the show, you’ll get a first look at the year’s new adventures, stories, systems, and characters. We’ll be joined by members of ZeniMax Online Studios’ development team (including Creative Director Rich Lambert, Art Director CJ Grebb, and Loremaster Leamon Tuttle) to break it all down.
In the second half of the show, the community managers and developers will go over in more detail the systems, characters and stories previewed during the first hour. This part of the event will likely be more interactive with chat.
Once the main presentation is over, stick around for the official ESO Live Special as Community Managers Jessica Folsom and Gina Bruno recap the big news and take a deep dive into some of the new features and adventures coming in the first half of 2021. They’ll also be joined by members of the ESO development team…
When is ESO’s Global Reveal Event?
The Global Reveal Event is happening on the 26th/27th January 2021 depending on your timezone. Here is a timezone breakdown.
- 2 PM PST (Los Angeles) [26th]
- 5 PM EST (New York) [26th]
- 10 PM GMT (London) [26th]
- 11 PM CET (Amsterdam) [26th]
- 1 AM MSK (Moscow) [27th]
- 11 AM NZDT (Auckland) [27th]
- 9 AM AEDT (Sydney) [27th]
- 8 AM AEST (Brisbane) [27th]
- 7 AM JST (Tokyo) [27th]
If your timezone is missing, use this Time Zone Converter link to find out what time the event is happening in your time zone – https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html?iso=20210126T220000&p1=179
The Event is expected to run for two hours.
Twitch Drops and Givaways
There has been a recent change to how Twitch Drops work. The drops are still the Ouroboros Crates but, the requirements to get the Drops have changed slightly.
Before we get into that though, if you haven’t already though, you need to link your twitch and ESO accounts following the instructions found here.
How Twitch Drops Work
- When a stream is Drops-enabled, you’ll get a notification popup letting you know they are live, in addition to a tag on the streamer’s page
- Per Twitch’s guidelines, you must watch a Drops-enabled stream for at least 15 cumulative minutes
- You can track your progress on earning a Twitch Drop via https://www.twitch.tv/drops/inventory
- You are guaranteed a Drop once you meet the 15-minute requirement
- Once you earn a Drop, a chat notification will appear that you must select to claim the Drop
- Alternatively, you can claim the Drop via https://www.twitch.tv/drops/inventory
- Note that if watching on console, you will need to swap to PC or Mobile to visit this page and claim your rewards
- Important: In some cases you may have a limited time to claim your Drops, so be sure to grab them as soon as you see the notification
- Once claimed, the Drops will be added to your account and you can find them in-game as usual
What is included in Drops?
Ouroboros Crown Crates, which contain a random selection of in-game consumables such as Crown Poisons, Mimic Stones, Riding Lessons, or Experience Scrolls. They also have an extremely rare chance to contain an exclusive Senche of Scarlet Regret mount or Senche Cub of Scarlet Regret pet.
Pet – Viridescent Dragon Frog
The Viridescent Dragon Frog pet will be included in the Drops for the event only. So all you have to do is watch the stream for 15 minutes to get the pet (see Twitch Drops section above for specifics).
Crown Packs Giveaway
During the Global Reveal, ESO will be giving away 5 Crown Packs roughly every five minutes. To enter, all you need to do is simply participate in Twitch chat during the stream. Crown Packs will be delivered following the conclusion of the stream.
One grand prize winner each (five minute) round will win 16,500 Crowns and the other four will win 1,500 Crowns. You can only win once and all platforms and regions are eligible to participate. Be sure to keep an eye on your Twitch DMs, as that’s how they will be awarding crown pack codes!
The winners will be announced in this thread on the ESO Forums – https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/559012/eso-global-reveal-event-crown-pack-giveaway-winners
Are you excited about the Gates of Oblivion Global Reveal Event? What content or improvements are you hoping are implemented this year?