Patch Notes for the Wolfhunter PTS are now up and the PTS is now live! Here’s a look at what’s up for testing!
There are two new Dungeons coming in this update Moon Hunter Keep and March of Sacrifices. Both of these Dungeons will be available in the usual Normal and Veterans modes as well as Hard Mode Veteran.
Moon Hunter Keep
The Moon Hunter Keep was once the Colovian headquarters of the Order of the Silver Dawn, a group of peerless werewolf hunters found in western Tamriel. It was destroyed by the ancient werewolf Vykosa, who then took up residence at the estate. At first, she merely turned the hunters against each other, each competing for the prize of joining her pack, but now she draws in werewolves from distant lands to vie for her favour. Imprisoned in the foul cells below the keep, Adonatus Varian must seek your help to eradicate Vykosa’s evil werewolf followers and remove her influence from the land before it spreads.
March of Sacrifices
The March of Sacrifices is a section of the Hunting Grounds where mortals compete in teams for a boon from Hircine. It’s a deep ravine surrounded by impassable mountains, and populated with the most ferocious creatures of Hircine’s realm. The hunt quarry is a massive and powerful indrik imbued with special powers from the Daedric Prince himself. If a mortal manages to fell the beast and retrieve its glowing red heart, they may petition Hircine for a boon. This hunt is open to any mortal but is rarely undertaken by any who are not a follower of Hircine. The competition is bloody, but for the foolish and incredibly desperate, Hircine’s game is a tantalizing opportunity to win a favour from the Prince.
New Item Sets
New items sets that drop from the new Dungeons.
Moon Hunter Keep
- Moon Hunter (Light)
- 2: Spell Damage
- 3: Spell Damage
- 4: Spell Critical
- 5: When your alchemical poison fires, increase your Spell Damage by 600 for 6 seconds.
- Savage Werewolf (Medium)
- 2: Max Stamina
- 3: Weapon Damage
- 4: Stamina Recovery
- 5: Your Light and Heavy Attacks rend flesh, causing your enemy to bleed for 1000 Physical Damage every 2 seconds for 6 seconds.
- Jailer’s Tenacity (Heavy)
- 2: Healing Taken
- 3: Max Health
- 4: Healing Taken
- 5: When you lose 25% or more of your Health from a single attack, you gain Major Vitality for 6 seconds, increasing your healing received by 30%.
- Vykosa (Monster Mask)
- 1: Healing Taken
- 2: When you taunt an enemy, you frighten them with a deafening howl, applying Major Maim to them for 3 seconds, lowering their damage done by 30%. This effect can occur once every 15 seconds.
- Moon Hunter (Light)
March of Sacrifices
- Hanu’s Compassion (Light)
- 2: Magicka Recovery
- 3: Max Magicka
- 4: Magicka Recovery
- 5: Max Magicka
- 5: When you resurrect another player while in combat, you and the player gain Major Heroism for 15 seconds, granting you 3 Ultimate every 1.5 seconds.
- Blood Moon (Medium)
- 2: Weapon Damage
- 3: Weapon Critical
- 4: Weapon Critical
- 5: When you deal Critical Damage with a melee Light Attack, you gain a stack of Blood Scent for 8 seconds. When you gain 5 stacks, you become Frenzied for 5 seconds, increasing your melee Light Attack damage by 50% and attack speed by 50%. This effect can occur every 18 seconds.
- Haven of Ursus (Heavy)
- 2: Max Health
- 3: Healing Taken
- 4: Max Health
- 5: When you take damage while you are under 50% Health, summon Ursus’s spirit for 6 seconds. You or an ally can activate a synergy on Ursus to grant you a shield that protects you and the activator from 13954 damage for 6 seconds. This effect can occur once every 12 seconds.
- Balorgh (Monster Mask)
- 1: Weapon Damage
- 1: Spell Damage
- 2: When you use an Ultimate ability, you gain Weapon and Spell Damage for 10 seconds equal to twice the amount of total Ultimate consumed.
- Hanu’s Compassion (Light)
More PvP additions and changes are included in this update!
New Battleground Map – Istirus
A new Battleground has been introduced – Istirus! Built late in the Second Empire to control the chronic pirate problem on the Strid River, the Istirus Outpost has become a forgotten relic since the outbreak of the Three Banners War with its dwindling resources fought over by all sides.
Istirus is a semi asymmetrical map that also allows players to mount!
Keep Recall Stones
We’ve added a new method of navigating Cyrodiil! Keep Recall Stones are new items you use from your inventory or quickslot wheel to recall to a Keep or Outpost. These can be purchased for 20,000 AP or earned from Rewards of the Worthy. There are several restrictions in place to use these items:
- You cannot recall to a structure that is under attack (shown on the UI as a starburst icon).
- You cannot recall to a structure while standing inside the region of a Keep, Resource, Outpost or Town.
- You cannot use a Recall Stone while actively in combat.
- Recall Stones can be used while in Caves of Cyrodiil, but not in the Imperial City.
- Recall Stones are account bound, so they can be banked but not traded to other players.
- You cannot use a Recall Stone while carrying an Elder Scroll.
Battlegrounds Outfit Styles
We’ve added new Outfit Styles to Battlegrounds! Now, when you complete a Battleground, you have a chance to obtain an Outfit Style for the Pit Demons, Storm Lords, and Fire Drakes’ unique armour appearances.
- Pit Demons Outfit Styles are obtained by completing Deathmatch games.
- Storm Lords Outfit Styles are obtained by completing Flag Games (Capture the Relic, Chaosball).
- Fire Drakes Outfit Styles are obtained by completing Land Grabs (Domination, Crazy King).
- The chance of obtaining an Outfit Style is based on how well your team performed in the Battleground.
- Victors have a much higher chance to obtain an Outfit Style than do second-place finishers, and second-place finishers have a much better chance than do third-place finishers. However, even teams coming in dead last have a small chance to obtain an Outfit Style.
- The medals you obtain do not affect your chances at all – so you don’t have to be fancy, just try to be victorious!
- Placing on the Leaderboards for Battlegrounds also has a very good chance to award an Outfit Style from each of the three teams’ armour visuals.
New PvP Collectible
The new Arena Gladiator Costume is now available, to those who would conquer their foes mercilessly. Simply collect 50 Arena Gladiator Proofs (found by completing the Conquest dailies in Cyrodiil) and purchase an Arena Gladiator’s Exultation from a War Researcher for 10,000 AP. Use the Exultation, and it will consume the 50 Proofs and create a Redbox of the Arena Gladiator Costume.
Respec System Updates
We’ve updated the player ability respec system so activating respec mode no longer clears all of your points but instead allows you to add and remove points from your abilities. You’ll still have the option to remove all points if you want a fresh start, though. We’ve also retained the morph-only option; for a reduced price, you can add and subtract any ability morphs.
- Anyone who loses a skill tree, such as vampire or werewolf, will now have all skill points in the associated tree refunded.
- This will also apply retroactively.
- Anyone who previously removed one of these skill trees will have their additional skill points returned upon login.
- All of these changes will apply to rededication shrines and Skill Respecification Scrolls from the Crown Store.
The Welkynar Motif is now available from Cloudrest Trial. This Motif is proudly worn by the gryphon-riding Welkynar themselves, and now you can earn the right to wear and craft this armour too – if you can defeat Z’Maja.
- You can earn Welkynar Style Motif Fragments by defeating Z’Maja; more are earned by defeating her on harder difficulties, and she will not drop any Fragments unless fought on Veteran mode, or on Normal mode with all of her Welkynar Shade allies. The number of Fragments dropped is not randomized, but is based on the configuration of the final boss fight – the harder the fight, the more Motif Fragments you’ll obtain.
- You can earn a Welkynar Binding once a week by completing the quest “Woe of the Welkynars”, a quest in Cloudrest. By activating the Welkynar Binding (which consumes 10 Welkynar Style Motif Fragments), you will create a single random Welkynar Motif chapter, or very rarely, the full Book.
- The Welkynar Style Item, Gryphon Plumes, are earned in the same manner: by defeating Z’Maja. You earn more on harder difficulties, and as with the Motif Fragments, you will not earn any if you defeat her on Normal mode without all of her allies with him.
There are two new homes to test during this PTS cycle.
- Hunter’s Glade: An underground entrance way leads through a portal to an expansive forested glade in Hircine’s Oblivion realm of The Hunting Grounds. Those “blessed” with lycanthropy can maintain werewolf form indefinitely in this otherworldly wilderness.
- Grand Psijic Villa: When Artaeum was “removed” from Tamriel, a few neighboring isles went with it, including the site of the Grand Psijic Villa, a monumental estate with magnificent views of the south coast of the main island.
Updated /bug categories
You’ll find that we’ve updated the categories you’ll see when submitting an issue through /bug. Categories are now better defined, and sub-categories encompass more relevant and current in-game systems.
Champion Point Increase
The Champion Point cap has been raised by a total of 30 points (10 in each red/blue/green constellation) for a total of 780 Champion Points. The Champion Point experience curve has been automatically adjusted with this new cap, so that earlier Champion Points require less experience and can be earned faster.