Some of you may have seen on Twitter that I have finally got a new PC to replace my almost 6-year-old Laptop. It honestly feels amazing to finally have my own PC!
My brother helped me pick out the parts and build the PC. My main goal was to have a PC that could play SWTOR and ESO at max graphics and perform well (and look pretty!) on a decent budget.
I got all the parts from PC Case Gear. The go-to website in Australia for computer parts.
Here are the specs:
- CPU – Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9500 CPU @ 3.00 GHz
- RAM – Corsair Vengeance LPX16 GB RAM (2x8GB) 3200MHz DDR4
- Motherboard – ASUS Prime Z390-P Motherboard
- Graphics Card – ASUS GeForce GTX 1660 TUF Gaming OC 6GB
- SSD – Crucial P1 M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB
- Power Supply – Corsair TX650M Gold 650W Power Supply
- Monitors – BenQ GL2580HM FHD 25in TN EyeCare Monitors
- Keyboard – Cougar Aurora S RGB Membrane Keyboard
- Mouse – Logitech G600 (been using this for years)
- Case – Cougar Turret RGB TG Mid Tower Case
- Fans – Cougar Vortex RGB HPB 120 ( 3 came in the Cougar Vortex ARGB Cooling Kit other 2 came with Case)
It was quite nerve-racking at times putting it together with all the delicate parts. It certainly doesn’t help that my hands aren’t very steady. The most annoying part though was getting all the RGB fans to work and the corresponding remote that controls them to work. I choose the case first before the keyboard. I got a Cougar keyboard to ensure that the RGB lighting would match the RGB fans that come with the case.
So far, it’s running really well! SWTOR looks pretty again and is so smooth. It makes my high 250-300 latency in PvP more noticeable since I’m barely lagging anymore. But otherwise, everything is very smooth and pretty.
ESO is absolutely beautiful and runs so damn smooth! What a difference! The real test will, of course, be Cyrodiil but I won’t have time for that anytime soon…
The next step will be setting up OBS so I can record gameplay and possibly stream (after I get all these 6.0 Guides sorted out that I’ve been hammering away at). You’ll hear more about my content creation plans soon.
I’d like to thank everyone who donated money this year. Your contribution went straight into getting this new PC so I really appreciate you! I’d also like to thank my brother for helping me put the PC together!