The Wildstar Team have announced all the details about the game closing down including getting refunds and all the In-game Events they have planned! The game will be closing down Wednesday, November 28th.
Refunding Recent Purchases
- All real money purchases have been disabled on the website and in-game store.
- Refunds for the purchases will be processed by October 3, 2018.
- Real money purchases (including Protobucks, C.R.E.D.D., and Signature) made since July 1, 2018, will be refunded, and we will also process refunds for prepaid Signature Memberships that still have time remaining past September 26, 2018.
- C.R.E.D.D. that remains unused and where the account holder has been active within the last 90 days will have their C.R.E.D.D. converted into equivalent NCoin for each unit.
- C.R.E.D.D. that has been used to redeem Signature and where remaining active days extends beyond September 26, 2018, will be reimbursed in NCoin for each day remaining on a prorated basis.
- Steam purchases have been disabled, and all purchases made on or after July 1, 2018, will be reimbursed in full.
- Steam users who made purchases through Steam using funds from their Steam Wallet will have the funds returned to their Wallet.
- Steam users who used other payment methods will be issued refunds to their original payment method.
- If there are any issues, please contact the Steam Support team.
If you have any questions regarding refunds, or if your qualifying recent purchase was made with a non-refundable payment method, please read through our Sunset FAQ before contacting Customer Support.
The final update to the game was released today, which introduced a few changes aimed at ensuring you can enjoy everything WildStar has to offer.
- Any Protobucks you have will be converted to Omnibits at a 1:1 conversion.
- Omnibit drops are being increased.
- The Omnibit cap has been raised substantially.
- All in-game store items will be purchasable with Omnibits.
- All seasonal store items and rotating costumes/mounts will be available on the store.
- All Signature Station items will be available on the regular store.
- Everyone will receive Signature status.
- Gear drops from Prime instances and raids have had their base ilevel increased higher than they normally would be.
- Primal Essence gain rates are being substantially increased.
- Select endgame reputations can be maxed out, letting you access everything the faction vendors have to offer.
- And more!
Be sure to check out the full game update notes for what changes to expect.
The seasonal in-game events are some of our favourite content, and we know you agree, so we’ll be increasing the rotational speed of the planet Nexus (not really) to fast forward and ensure you can enjoy your favourites one last time.
September 26–November 28
- Double XP, Glory Days, Power Prestige and PvP, and Blessing of Essence will be on from now until shutdown.
- Residential Renovation, with the Battle Chase reward, set available during this occurrence.
October 19–November 2
- Jack Shade is back to fright and delight in Shade’s Eve.
- Protostar’s Gala Winterfest Extravaganza is back for one, last, shopping frenzy.
- Take to the skies (or at least a foot off the ground) in the zPrix Invitational!
- Join us in-game for the final few hours as we have some fun. More details to come!
I’m really glad that we’ll get to experience the Shade’s Eve and Winterfest Extravaganza Events one last time! Honestly, WildStar’s Halloween Event is the best of any MMO I’ve played!
The one thing I really hope they also do is give us closure about the Lore. There are so many Lore questions I’m curious about but I mainly want to know where the story was headed particularly in regards to the Entity and Drusera.
If you missed it, you can read my WildStar’s Demise Blog Post reminiscing about the game and my thoughts on its closure.