The Old Republic is introducing a Guild Levelling System in Game Update 5.10 that is tied to Conquest. Guild Levels are earned via Conquest Points. The Guild Levelling System provides a number of benefits and Perks for your Guild. You can read more about the Guild Perk system in my Guild Perks Guide.
- What is Guild Levelling and How Does it Work?
- What are the Devs Goals?
- Guild Level Milestones
What is Guild Levelling and How Does it Work?
Similar to a player character, Guilds will now earn Guild Experience. As Guilds hit the next Guild XP target, they will level up. Guilds start at level 1 and can theoretically, level infinitely. Currently, the max Guild Level on the PTS is 101. However, there is currently no benefit to levelling beyond level 65.
Guild XP is earned by players in the Guild earning Conquest points. Players will earn 2 Guild XP for every 1 Conquest points earned. Eg. If a player reaches their Personal Weekly Conquest target of 15,000 Conquest points, they would earn 30,000 Guild XP for their Guild.
Currently, there is a weekly Guild XP cap of 8,000,000 (or 4,000,000 Conquest points worth).
Every time a Guild levels up, a few things happen:
- They receive a fixed amount of Guild Commendations (these are used to purchase Guild Perks)
- The amount of XP, CXP, and Reputation earned by the Guild increases. These values start at 5% XP, 5% Rep, and 0% CXP and they steadily increase until they cap at 15% XP, 15% Rep, and 10% CXP.
- This is a new benefit as players can now reach higher bonuses to XP and Rep than ever before, without relying on Guild size. Plus we have introduced a new bonus to CXP which did not exist previously.
- At specific Guild Level breakpoints, Guilds will qualify to purchase higher Tiers of Guild Perks.
What Are The Devs Goals?
First and foremost, we wanted to add a whole new set of incentives for players to be a part of a Guild. SWTOR is a social game at its core and so we want to do all that we can to encourage people to play together. However, we also understand that many players like to play with just their small circle of friends in small Guilds, and so the system needed to work for everyone.
Second, one of our goals for Conquests was to work as a system to incentivize players to be rewarded for playing any and all content in SWTOR. By tying Conquests and Guild Leveling together it means that by simply playing the game, you will be earning Guild XP for your Guild. Whether you want that to be a focus of your Guild to level as fast as possible, or to just let it happen, you should be gaining Guild levels as you play.
Here are some of the specific numbers for Guild Leveling. Disclaimers:
- These numbers are based on Weekly Conquest data, and so we likely won’t see any big changes until they see how everything plays out on live servers. The Devs will be monitoring Conquest every week along with listening to your feedback to look for areas to make changes.
- The Devs built these targets with two key pieces of information. The current amount of Conquest points that Guilds are earning across all yield sizes and the continued potential for Conquest point gains based on the additional Conquest changes coming in 5.10 and the added Conquest point potential from Perks.
Reminder – 1 Conquest Point = 2 Guild XP
For context on XP vs Leveling, going from level 1 to level 2 requires 1,000,000 Guild XP. Going from 2-3 requires another 1,010,000 -or- 2,010,000 total (for the math lovers out there, this curve is not necessarily incremental). They expect Guilds which are hitting Small Yield Planetary targets will be gaining around 3 or so levels a week. This can vary greatly based on Guild size and activity.
Here are some key Guild levelling milestones:
- Level 6 – Guild reaches 10% bonus XP and Reputation
- Level 12 – Guild qualifies for Tier 2 Guild Perks
- Level 32 – Guild qualifies for Tier 3 Guild Perks
- Level 40 – Guild has capped XP and Reputation Gains at 15% bonus
- Level 49 – Guild qualifies for Tier 4 Guild Perks
- Level 51 – Guild has capped CXP Gains at 10% bonus
- Level 64 – Guild qualifies for Tier 5 Guild Perks (current highest tier)
- Level 65+ – Guild will continue to earn Guild Commendations but there is no gameplay benefit beyond level 64. There will be cosmetic rewards that may be introduced in a later patch tied to Heraldry that will take Guild Level into account.